Dear VUHC Members,
The Victorian Underwater Hockey Commission Inc Annual General Meeting will be held at 5.30pm on Sunday, 18 September 2016 at Melbourne Sports and Aquatic Centre in the Officials Room (poolside).
All VUHC Committee positions will be vacant and the positions of President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer and three positions of Ordinary Members (Junior Development Officer, Referee Officer and Web & Communications Officer) will be up for election.
Position Descriptions for the above positions can be accessed at: http://www.vuhc.org.au/2016/vuhc-committee-member-position-descriptions/
- Minutes from previous AGM
- President’s report
- Special resolution to amend VUHC Model Rules / Constitution (see below for further detail)
- Election of office bearer
- Other business
Notice of Special Resolution
Following the member consultation held earlier this year, the VUHC is proposing to amend its Model Rules / Constitution at the AGM.
Please see the attached document, with changes tracked, for full detail.
In summary, the key amendments are to:
- The section related to the Purposes of the Association – to include reference to the AUF and UHA; and
- The part related to Membership – to refer to the correct process regarding collection of membership fees by the AUF.
These changes were made at the request of the UHA, which has emailed all State Underwater Hockey Associations to request that governance documentation recognise the AUF and UHA, and that membership processes reflect that current structure.
Please note members may appoint another member as a proxy for the meeting by completing the attached form.