We are excited about sending Victorian teams to the upcoming Nationals 2023 in Bunbury.
The key information related to Victorian team participation in the competition is summarized below:
Victorian Team Coaches and Officials
The VUHC is pleased to announce the following coaching and team officials have been appointed:
- U15 Team
- Coach: Lucy Perdomo (firstname.lastname@example.org) with assistance from Michael Milne & Bradley Peters
- Team Manager: Suzan Borelli (email@example.com)
- U19 Team
- Team Manager: Megan Hoskins (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- The team selection criteria can be viewed here
- Kirseteen Reid (email@example.com) has agreed to act as team organiser to assess the viability of sending a team.
- Open & Masters
- Rees Quilford (firstname.lastname@example.org) has agreed to act as team organiser to assess the viability of sending teams
Victorian Team Selections
The first round of selections for Victorian teams will be held:
- 3pm this coming from Saturday (10 September) at the Doug Ellis Pool, Monash University (Clayton Campus)
- Further details can be viewed on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/events/766330451309512
- If you are interested in trailing for selection but are unable to make Saturday’s session please contact the respective coach and team manager.
- Please note this session will be free of charge.
- Selection criteria for Junior players can be viewed online.
Monday 16th – Saturday 21st January
Opening Ceremony to be held approx. 6pm on Monday 16th January.
Optional paid state team training available prior to opening ceremony.
Finals and Presentations held on Saturday 21st January.
Australian Team Selections
Elite Men and Elite Women’s Australian Team selections will be held on Monday 16th after 12pm (exact time TBC) AND after finals on Saturday 21st
Masters Australian Team Selections will be held after finals on Saturday 21st
There is a small amount of time allocated for U19/U24 Australian Teams to either hold selections or just a scratch match. Selections, if held, would likely be for a squad to attend a selections/training camp to prepare for a competition in late 2023 (TBC).
Efforts are being made to keep costs as low as possible, in particular for junior players.
Team managers will share further details shortly.
UWHWA has secured relatively cheap accommodation at Bunbury Cathedral Grammar School Boarding House which would be suitable for interstate junior teams. Our team managers are in discussion with the organizing group to assess whether this is a viable arrangement for our teams.
A reminder that Bunbury is approximately 2hrs South of Perth so please factor this into your travel arrangements.
We look forward to seeing you on Saturday.